• S Jamal Carter – Consensus 4-star recruit amongst the major recruiting websites, Jamal offers a good mix of size and speed. At this point in time I would say he would fit in best at SS where he can make plays along the LOS.
• CB Artie Burns – Artie is another 4-star defensive back from Miami Northwestern, one of the more prominent schools in the country for producing BCS talent. He doubles as a track star and will be in the running for return duties in college.
• TE Travis Johnson – Travis is currently considered a 3-star prospect as a WR/TE hybrid checking in at 6’4, 230 LBS. His offer list includes a who’s who of college football powers and with his athleticism, I could see Travis turning into a special player down the road for the ‘Canes.
• OG Alex Gall – Gall is a 3-star prospect out of Cincinnati that currently looks more like an OT than a OG with a somewhat lanky 6’5, 295 LBS frame. Linemen are certainly among the hardest to project at the next level but Gall has a nice punch to go along with decent footwork for a man of his size.
• TE Jeremy Kerr – Kerr is a 3-star TE out of St. Petersburg that projects more as a blocking TE than receiving threat at the next level. At 6’6, 245 LBS he could come in and compete for playing time right away.
• QB Kevin Olsen – Fresh off an appearance on ESPN’s Elite 11 Quarterback challenge, Olsen is ranked as a 4-star prospect out of Wayne, NJ. His showing at the Elite 11 backed up his lofty ranking and he certainly has all the tools to be a successful quarterback at the next level.
• TE Standish Dobard – Standish, a 4-star prospect rounds out the group of 3 current TE commits and presents the best overall game when you take into account both blocking and receiving ability.
• RB Ray Lewis III – The son of legendary ‘Cane Ray Lewis is a 3-star, 5’9, 180 pound back from Lake Mary Prep. He has certainly been productive running for over 2,000 yards his junior season.
• RB Alex Collins – Alex is a consensus 4-star running back recruit with great size (5’11, 195 LBS) and 4.45 speed. He is still a bit raw overall but he runs hard and shows a great burst in his first few steps with the ball.
• DT Keith Bryant – Bryant’s film is in my opinion the most impressive of the current commits. He is a 4-star prospect with great hand speed to go along with an explosive burst that allows him to make a plethora of plays behind the LOS.
Sitting at 10 commits with about 6 months to go until signing day, Coach Al Golden has a solid group of young men with which he can build off. As the season heats up there will certainly be a few big visit weekends which we will undoubtedly be updating you on. Stay tuned…
Outside the Redzone gives you Breaking Sports News, Opinion and Analysis with a Southeastern Feel and be sure to “Like” us on Facebook!